xom-interest - [XOM-interest] new Element("white space issue");

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Luke P Immes <lpimmes AT multisegment.com>
  • To: xom mailing list <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [XOM-interest] new Element("white space issue");
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 23:09:02 -0000

Members,

I thank the development team for XOM. So far, I am pleased with it.
Fortunately, it works with Unicode just fine.
My question involves white space in an Element name. If I have

new Element("Company prospects"); // or whatever string you wish

I get the following runtime exception:
nu.xom.IllegalNameException: XML names cannot contain the
character " ".

What is the best way to handle this? CData section? (I tried this as
well without success).
It is crucial that I have at least 1 char = space, in the element names.
If it is not possible, then state this fact.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Multisegment, Inc.
C/O Luke P. Immes, President