xom-interest - [XOM-interest] XOM 1.0d20 Cleaning Windows

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [XOM-interest] XOM 1.0d20 Cleaning Windows
  • Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 11:56:55 -0400

I've posted XOM 1.0d20 in the usual location:

http://www.cafeconleche.org/XOM/

The main reason for this release is to work around some shortcomings in the java.net.URL class that prevented the Builder.build(File) method from working properly on Windows. This broke about two dozen unit tests. After this fix, all unit tests pass. (Unix systems were not affected, which is why I didn't notice this sooner.)

I also made some small improvements to the JavaDoc and the build.xml file. The jar archive is no longer compressed, which enables faster class loading. If this is a problem for anyone, let me know.

There are no API level changes in this release. All code that ran with 1.0d19 should run unchanged in 1.0d20.

Processing XML with Java (Addison-Wesley, 2002)
http://www.cafeconleche.org/books/xmljava
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN%3D0201771861/cafeaulaitA