xom-interest - [XOM-interest] XML-heading causes IOException

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: "MULS PATRICK" <patrick.muls AT datassur.be>
  • To: <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [XOM-interest] XML-heading causes IOException
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 10:24:29 +0200

Hello,

I'm trying out XOM for an upcoming project. I created an XML-file
containing <?xml version ...> and <!DOCTYPE ...> tags and a comment-tag.
When I try to build the document in my application using:
Builder builder = new Builder();
Document doc = builder.build(flXml);
I get an IOException on the file. Removing those 3 tags from the file
solves this problem. But will they not always be present in an XML-file?
And having to remove them first seems a timewaisting operation. Any
suggestions?

Sincerely,

Patrick Muls