xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] How to use local DTD with XOM

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: mp AT jugs.org, xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] How to use local DTD with XOM
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 09:21:42 -0400

At 9:07 PM +0200 5/27/03, Michael Paus wrote:

DOCTYPE IPCTopology PUBLIC "-//IBP//IPC Topology//EN" "ipc_topology.dtd">

But I do not want the parser to load the DTD file from the net. Instead I want it
to use a local one which is stored with the class files. I've tried already to
explicitly use a SAX parser where I have set an appropriate EntityResolver which
worked fine for building a DOM tree but does not even seem to be called in the case
of XOM.

Can anybody give me a hint of what is wrong?

For a while the Builder was using its own EntityResolver which would be installed in place of yours. The latest version (1.0d18) is no longer doing this, though it might again in the future. This is all a nasty hack to try to work around some parser bugs in handling base URIs. The bugs seem to be squashed, but if they resurface I might have to start using my own EntityResolver again. At least for the moment your custom resolver should work.

Processing XML with Java (Addison-Wesley, 2002)
http://www.cafeconleche.org/books/xmljava
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN%3D0201771861/cafeaulaitA

  • Re: [XOM-interest] How to use local DTD with XOM, Elliotte Rusty Harold, 07/08/2003