xom-interest - [XOM-interest] Why nu.xom.ParseException?

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Kevin Herrboldt <kevin AT puppethead.com>
  • To: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [XOM-interest] Why nu.xom.ParseException?
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 15:56:15 -0500

This is a style question instead of a functional question.

I've used java.text.ParseException to indicate similar exceptions in my own code, and it seems like a natural fit. I can see wanting to keep the exception in the nu.xom.* package, but maybe a different name could be considered?

It's a minor irritation, but I've got code picking dates out of a XOM document (think DocBook) and using a DateFormat to parse them, which can throw a java.text.ParseException. I can't import both nu.xom.ParseException and java.text.ParseException, so my code gets littered with ugly full-package class references.

Just some thoughts.