xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] so, I guess this has to do with Crimson...

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: luca passani <passani AT eunet.no>, xom <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] so, I guess this has to do with Crimson...
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 21:39:44 -0400

At 2:38 AM +0200 6/24/03, luca passani wrote:
OK, I rebuilt the WURFL XOM API with d17 without problems. It works.
Junit is ok unless I remove the Xerces lib (which, I understand, implies that
Crimson kicks in, right?).

Here is what I get with crimson. Is this expected? Can I work it around?

Hmm, I'm not sure. Looking at your error message below I won't swear this is a Crimson problem. In fact, I suspect it isn't. Your alleged URL (file://C:\projects\wurfl\antbuild\resources\wurfl.xml) is not legal according to the URL spec, and XOM is catching you. I suspect you would have the same problem with Xercces. Try using file:///C:/projects/wurfl/antbuild/resources/wurfl.xml instead.

On the other hand, if you are using a URL in the latter form and Crimson is converting it into the one that throws an exception, then let me know, and I'll see if I can work around that.

[java] using file://C:\projects\wurfl\antbuild\resources\wurfl.xml file found in wurfl.properties
[java] cannot parse the wurfl
[java] nu.xom.ParseException: URIs cannot contain 0x5c at line 1, column -1
.
[java] at nu.xom.Builder.build(Builder.java:621)

Processing XML with Java (Addison-Wesley, 2002)
http://www.cafeconleche.org/books/xmljava
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN%3D0201771861/cafeaulaitA