xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Bug in class Text

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: Wolfgang Hoschek <whoschek AT lbl.gov>, xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Bug in class Text
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 22:15:02 -0400

Yep, that's a bug alright. I'll write a unit test and fix it tomorrow. Hmm, maybe I should unit test all the toString() methods. So far I've mostly left them untested, but this just proves you can screw up even the obvious things.

I'm waiting for some clarification from the XInclude working group to see whether or not I can ship a modified XInclude test suite with XOM. Once that's clear, one way or the other, the next release will fix this, a number of bugs in XInclude, and add workarounds for a few more Crimson issues.

Processing XML with Java (Addison-Wesley, 2002)
http://www.cafeconleche.org/books/xmljava
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN%3D0201771861/cafeaulaitA