xom-interest - [XOM-interest] Modular encoding

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Nils_Kilden-Pedersen AT Countrywide.Com
  • To: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [XOM-interest] Modular encoding
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 09:20:45 -0800

In the "What's wrong" slides, page 68 on Encoding, it is mentioned that
the Serializer "supports all encodings available in the VM". It also
states that "Modular design makes it fairly easy to add more by
contribution."
Does that mean, that I "fairly easy" can add support for an encoding not
currently supported natively by the VM? And if so, how is that done?
Specifically, I need support for "ebcdic-us" encoding.

Thanks,
Nils