xom-interest - [XOM-interest] XOM 1.0d7 is on the web site

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: xom-interest <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [XOM-interest] XOM 1.0d7 is on the web site
  • Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 11:56:47 -0500

I've posted XOM 1.0d7 in the usual location at http://www.cafeconleche.org/XOM/
Changes in this release are fairly small; but there are some API level changes:

I added a constraint that an element cannot have two attributes with the same local name and same namespace URI, but different prefixes. This is in accordance with the namespaces spec. Not having this check before was just an oversight.

I changed the automatic attribute replacement to depend on local name and namespace URI and never on qualified name alone. This is also in accordance with the namespaces spec. Not having this check before was just an oversight.

I removed the getFirstChild(), getPreviousSibling(), and getNextSibling() methods from Node. These really didn't fit the XOM model of indexed access, and were slower than the indexed equivalents.

Added indexOf() method to ParentNode that returns the position of a given node within its parent, or -1 if the node is not a child of this ParentNode. This is helpful for those few cases where you do need to identify a node's sibling.

public int indexOf(Node child)

Spell checked the API documentation

Moved XOMResult into the nu.xom.transform package. XSLT still doesn't work, but it's a little closer to working.

--
Elliotte

  • [XOM-interest] XOM 1.0d7 is on the web site, Elliotte Rusty Harold, 10/27/2002