xom-interest - RE: [XOM-interest] 1.0d5 is available: no breaking changes; all u sers should upgrade

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: "New, Cecil (GEAE)" <cecil.new AT ae.ge.com>
  • To: "'xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org'" <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [XOM-interest] 1.0d5 is available: no breaking changes; all u sers should upgrade
  • Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 17:56:57 -0400

... snip ...
Finally, I added an experimental build method to Builder that builds
a XOM Document directly from a String containing well-formed XML.

public Document build(String document, String baseURI)

I'm not convinced of this one's utility yet. Feedback is appreciated.
... snip ...

While I don't have any personal experience in a web services kind of
application, the basic notion of posting XML documents over HTTP would
naturally
result in XML contained in a String.

So this method could end up being the only one most XOM developers ever use.

I'll defer to others on the baseURI requirment here... I don't understand its
implications.