xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] xmlns=""

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: "Michael Fitzgerald" <mike AT wyeast.net>, <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] xmlns=""
  • Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 16:36:36 -0400

At 1:03 PM -0700 10/4/02, Michael Fitzgerald wrote:

API-wise I think this release will be completely compatible with 1.0d4. I've added several useful methods to Builder and cleaned up its internals, but nothing you're relying on now should change.

I'm also thinking about how to optimize XOM for size because some of the new unit tests are very memory hungry (They generate documents with 60,000 or so elements, dump them into a byte array using the Serializer, parse the document back out again, then walk through the entire tree.) I've tried turning on string-interning in the parser, but that doesn't seem to have a huge effect. If anyone has noticed any other places where large chunks of memory could be saved, I'd appreciate suggestions.

| Elliotte Rusty Harold | elharo AT metalab.unc.edu | Writer/Programmer |
| XML in a Nutshell, 2nd Edition (O'Reilly, 2002) |
| http://www.cafeconleche.org/books/xian2/ |
| http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN%3D0596002920/cafeaulaitA/ |
| Read Cafe au Lait for Java News: http://www.cafeaulait.org/ |
| Read Cafe con Leche for XML News: http://www.cafeconleche.org/ |

  • [XOM-interest] xmlns="", Michael Fitzgerald, 10/04/2002
    • Re: [XOM-interest] xmlns="", Elliotte Rusty Harold, 10/04/2002