xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Are the Attributes and Namespaces classes necessary?

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Laurent Bihanic <laurent.bihanic AT atosorigin.com>
  • To: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • Cc: xom-interest <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Are the Attributes and Namespaces classes necessary?
  • Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 17:20:54 +0200

Elliotte Rusty Harold wrote:
At some point, I do foresee adding a generic NodeList class that might be able to be used for this purpose.

I don't understand: If you're thinking about replacing Attributes and Namespaces by NodeList in the future, it makes no sense to remove them and the corresponding methods in Element to add them later.
Unless you plan a 1.0 release without NodeList and wish to avoid letting methods that will suffer incompatible changes in the next releases.

Laurent