wxyc-announce - [wxyc-announce] This Week on WXYC

wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: "wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org" <wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [wxyc-announce] This Week on WXYC
  • Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2016 14:44:56 -0500

Hi everyone,

Here's what we have coming up this week:

Monday's Outside Track features polyrhythms of a different sort--the danceable field recordings of Gael Segalen's L'Ange Le Sage. Although this is her first full album under her own name, she's built an impressive resume working as a musician and activist, scoring films and installations, and working with other projects and collectives. L'Ange Le Sage is built on two principles: all sounds she collects can co-exist and that field recordings can be transformed into something you can dance to. Everything's looped and layered on top of each other in a way that's kinda like dance music but kinda unlike anything else. An intricate collage of familiar and unfamiliar sounds, I don't know if you can dance to it, but you can sure try!