wxyc-announce - [wxyc-announce] wxyc.org - New Features!

wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [wxyc-announce] wxyc.org - New Features!
  • Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 10:01:09 -0500 (EST)

WXYC 89.3 FM - in Chapel Hill and live on the Web at http://www.wxyc.org

WXYC celebrates 10 years of broadcasting on the internet! Read this e-mail
for a description of three new and exciting website features in honor of
the milestone: our free downloadable compilation "Bandwidth," our new
online playlists, and two new streaming options.

=============================
"Bandwidth" Online For Free
=============================

WXYC's brand new self-released local music compilation, "Bandwidth:
Celebrating 10 Years of Internet Radio on WXYC-Chapel Hill" is now
available for FREE download from wxyc.org. You can choose to download mp3s
of individual tracks or the whole disc at once, with cover art and liner
notes included.

The best way to download the whole disc is with a BitTorrent client.
BitTorrent is peer-to-peer software that facilitates the speedy
distribution of large files. If you do not have a BitTorrent client, you
can get a free one at http://bittorrent.com/download.html.

A zip file version of the "Bandwidth" is also available on our website.

Go to http://www.wxyc.org/bandwidth/ for all "Bandwidth" download options.

==================
Online Playlists
==================

WXYC's website now features real-time online playlists, so you'll always
know what we're playing. Link to a self-refreshing playlist screen from
the wxyc.org homepage.

New Streams

In addition to RealPlayer streams (16K and 176K), we now offer MP3 (128K)
and OGG (64K) streams, for your internet listening flexibility.

E-mail info AT wxyc.org with any questions. Thanks for listening to WXYC.

  • [wxyc-announce] wxyc.org - New Features!, wxyc-announce, 11/08/2004