wheatsville - [Wheatsville] Coffee with the Board and Supa Bowl!!!

wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Wheatsville Co-op Austin, TX

  • From: Dan Gillotte <gm AT wheatsville.com>
  • To: Wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Wheatsville] Coffee with the Board and Supa Bowl!!!
  • Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 11:06:18 -0600

Hello Wheatsville friends!

Just a reminder that we have Coffee with the Board happening this Saturday from 10am - Noon on the patio. Come on out and talk to your board about current events, the store or the transformation of society! Coffee and treats and board fun!

The Super Bowl is happening this Suhnday and Wheatsville can really make your snacking special!
Here is what we have in store for you!

Deli
The return of the Popcorn Tofu bucket! While these didn't literally fly out of here last year, they sure did move fast. Get yours this year and be the life of the party! One pound of delicious and dippable Popcorn Tofu with Cashew Tamari dressing ready to grab and go!

How about Buddy's Natural Chicken Hot Wings? We'll have them in the deli case ready for you to buy as much or as little as you're looking for. We'll also have blue cheese dipping sauce for fire quenching!

Our deli's own L'il Cheddars Meatloaf could be up your alley. We'll have it this weekend! They are made with Coleman Natural Beef.

Two awesome salsas will be available in our Super Bowl Salsa Smash! Look for Mango Habanero Salsa or (perennial favorite) Roasted Tomato Salsa.

The deli will also be showing off our Guacamole topped with our Casera salsa for your dipping enjoyment!

Our regular salsas and Vegan Queso will also be available.

Cheese
Why not make a domestic or international cheese tray for your party? For domestic pIle on the cheddars, the pepper jack and even some local cheeses like the Pure Luck Chevres or the Water Oak Farms Ricotta. For international: Bries, Goudas (Davinci gouda is recommended), Swiss, and/or Maple Smoked Jarlsberg (is really good according to Dana our deli manager).

Meat
Sausage can be a good choice for get togethers like this. We carry Buddy's Natural Chicken sausages in a variety of flavors.

Refrigerated
Vegetarians coming to your gathering? How about grilling some Tofurky Brats? Or buying some White Mountain Hot Tofu DIp!

New month, new specials!
Friday is the start of our shortest month, February! That means new Co-op Advantage specials and a new Salsa of the month!
Yay!

Here is just a sample of the specials you will find in store starting tomorrow!

Grocery
You may notice a certain romantic quality to some of the selections this month. It's because Valentine's Day is coming soon. But, I'll talk bout that more next week!

Lakewood Organic Pomegranate Blend juice for $2.89 a quart
Bionaturae Organic Pasta for $1.89 (I HIGHLY recommend this pasta, especially the whole wheat variety!
Chocolove Chocolate bars for $1.69
Muir Glen Organic Pasta Sauce for $2.69
Spectrum Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil for $9.99
Nature's Path Organic Optimum Cereal $2.69
Health Valley Cereal $2.99
Clif Bars for 99¢

Refrigerated
Wholesoy Soy Yogurt for 79¢
Earth Balance Non-dairy Spread for $2.69
Light Life Smart Deli Slices for $2.49

Frozen
Cascadian Farm Organic Juice COncentrate for $2.99
Purely Decadent Non-dairy Dessert for $2.99
Natural Sea Fish STicks for $3.99

FRESH IN THE DELI, February 2008
Featured Cheese…Parmesan

This hard, dry cheese is made from cow’s milk and is a favorite of chefs. There are domestic and imported varieties of Parmesan cheeses available. Aging contributes to a rich, sharp, complex flavor and grainy texture. Typically, domestic versions are aged for 14 months, while imported Parmigiano-Reggiano is aged two years. Those labeled “Stravecchio” have been aged for three years. Parmesan can be purchased grated, shredded or by the piece.

Try mixing grated parmesan with seasoned bread crumbs, then egg wash, dredge and sauté thinly sliced eggplant to make Eggplant Parmesan cutlets. Top with tomato sauce.

Fresh in the Deli, on sale February 1-15

Western Corridor Featured Store-
Ashland Food Co-op, Ashland, Oregon

Pad Thai
This is a popular rice noodle salad with a light peanut sauce, tofu, onions, carrots, peanuts and fresh cilantro, brightly dressed with a splash of lime.
Save $.75 per pound

Kamut Berry Salad
Tender, nutty-flavored kamut berries are mixed with peppers, onions, cucumbers, tomatoes, cranberries and feta cheese; then, dressed in a sweet balsamic maple vinaigrette. Try it as a side dish with grilled meat or poultry.
Save $.75 per pound

Salsa of the month: Ancho bomb salsa a great salsa with a smoky sweet flavor that can be used as a dip or a sauce on enchiladas

I hope that you have a great week!

Dan
Wheatsville GM and e-mail guy!

  • [Wheatsville] Coffee with the Board and Supa Bowl!!!, Dan Gillotte, 02/01/2008