wheatsville - [Wheatsville] Whooahh! Thanksgiving will be here soon!

wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Wheatsville Co-op Austin, TX

  • From: Dan Gillotte <gm AT wheatsville.coop>
  • To: wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Wheatsville] Whooahh! Thanksgiving will be here soon!
  • Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 10:50:57 -0600

Hi Wheatsville friends!

This e-mail is all about one of our favorite holidays. Nope, not Veteran's Day (although we do remember and honor those folks) but Thanksgiving!

We can set you up for a great Thanksgiving without all the hassle and un-fun hubbub of the big guys.

We are told that shopping for Thanksgiving at Wheatsville is actually comfortable and relaxing. So, if you usually go to the other guys for Thanksgiving shopping, consider making the switch this year!

The Deli is baking up sides and pies for Thanksgiving!
We'll have Festive Yams, Roasted Root Veggies, Cranberry Relish, Rosemary Biscuits, Green Beans with mushrooms, Vegan Cornbread Stuffing and Gravy, too!
On the sweet side, look for Traditional and Vegan Pumpkin Pie at the special price of $9.99! We will also have favorites like our Traditional Pecan Pie, and delicious Vegan Coconut Cream Pie and Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie.

We'll be sampling some of the delicious deli Thanksgiving fixin's on the next two Saturdays from 12-4.

Talking Turkey
We are taking special orders for Turkeys now. To reserve a turkey we need the order to be placed by November 17th! (Order forms are available on the front end cap and in the deli.) We’ll have some turkeys available on a first come first serve basis, but if people need a particular size, they will need to order them in advance.
We will be featuring Mary's free range organic and natural turkeys. These have been very popular for the last few years as people have enjoyed them each holiday!
We'll have: Mary's Organic Turkeys for $3.49/lb
Mary's Natural Turkeys for $2.19/lb
and this year we will have a very limited number of Mary's Heritage Turkeys available for $5.99/lb. (Interested customers need to get with Bryan, our meat guy, about these.)

Here is a special late-breaking note from Bryan:
Hi folks, not feeling like turkey this thanksgiving? I have a rare treat coming in next week. We have on order a case of USDA PRIME bone-in rib roast. The price will be the same as the USDA choice rib eyes we always carry $14.99lb. This is a special and rare item to be found in a grocery store, normally PRIME meat is reserved for the highest end restaurants. Typically I'll cut down the roast to the size ordered and then remove the ribs, and then tie them back on. Please place your order now, I doubt these will last at $14.99lb. Bryan.

We have some really amazing deals for a natural Thanksgiving in our November Co-op Advantage Flyer with lots of great Thanksgiving-y items to help customers save some dough while they celebrate!
Here are just a few of the items...
Tofurky Vegetarian Feasts for the amazing low price of $14.99!!! The Tofurky Roast for $7.99. I've never seen them this inexpensively priced anywhere!
Organic Pumpkin
for $1.69
Imagine Foods Organic Soups for $2.49 (These make great stocks and bases for quick and hearty soups and stews)
Organic Valley Organic Butter for $4.49(available beginning on Monday.)
Arrowhead Mills Cookie Pie Crust for $1.69. These crusts make a delicious base for chocolate pies! Just make pudding (or mousse) and add it to the shell, chill and eat!

This is just a small sample of the available items. See the CAP flyers for more as well as some really cool holiday recipes including a recipe for chocolate truffles

Artsfest
A quick heads-up to save the dates! Our annual Wheatsville Artfest extravaganza takes place on Saturday and Sunday Dec. 1st and 2nd! Have you heard of the Buy Handmade pledge? http://www.buyhandmade.org/ If possible, but handmade this year. The Artsfest can help you out with this! There's more info about the Artsfest at our web-site and in the Breeze.

Election and Survey
Our annual Board/ COmmunity Action Wednesday and Boycott election is in full swing. If you haven't voted yet, please do on-line at http://wheatsville.coop/election/index.html
We are also conducting an extensive Owner survey. We want to know what you think. If you fill out the survey, we'll enter you into a drawing for one of four $250 Wheatsville GIft cards!
Go to our web-site and click on the big red button.

Hope to see you soon!

Dan
Wheatsville GM and e-mail guy

  • [Wheatsville] Whooahh! Thanksgiving will be here soon!, Dan Gillotte, 11/09/2007