wheatsville - [Wheatsville] Spring Holidays, April Specials, and Member Gathering!!!

wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Wheatsville Co-op Austin, TX

  • From: Dan Gillotte <gm AT wheatsville.coop>
  • To: wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Wheatsville] Spring Holidays, April Specials, and Member Gathering!!!
  • Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 18:48:43 -0400

Hi friends!

In this e-mail:
Deli and Meat specials
Springtime for Cheese
Co-op Advantage flyers and specials!
Coupons!
Member gathering April 15th!
Earth Day at UFCU April 21st.

Happy Passover to our member-owners who celebrate that great holiday! I hope you had a nice seder!

This Sunday is that other Spring holiday, Easter, and we hope that you have a nice time planned if you are celebrating it!

Handmade in the deli
For the weekend:
Local Pesto Devilled Eggs
, an old party standby is making a comeback at the co-op in a special way. If you like 'em, we may make it a regular item. Made with eggs from our friends at Alexander Family Farms and pesto from the super special P/2 Organic pesto! This is largely a local product, so try them out!

Quiches, whole and by the slice- these make a nice choice for brunch. You can special order a quiche by giving us 2 days notice!

In the meat department:
Boneless leg of Lamb from small rancher Loncito Farms will be available.

Cheese likes the spring time as much as we do!
As the weather heads into the most beautiful time of the year, this is a great time to pack up some food and head for the park.  One extra-tasty idea for your picnicking pleasure is to bring along a loaf of fresh bread, some fruit, and a container of P2 Organic Pesto, available in lemon basil, purple basil, sweet basil, parley, arugala, and vegan varieties.  Pesto travels well, can stand the warmth of a nice day, and doesn't need anything more complicated than a knife to enjoy on some nice bread.

And make sure to try Dutch Parrano cheese!  This cheese has the texture of an aged gouda: firm, but still soft enough to chew or melt, but it has a flavor like a rich, sweet, nutty parmesan.  This is a personal favorite of the cheese folks here at Wheatsville, due to its versatility and unique flavor, and it goes well with fruit, nuts, wine, beer, or starches.

Don't forget, if you want any questions about cheese products answered, or would like to place a custom order, you can email cheese AT wheatsville.coop, and we will get to you before you know it.

Featuring Spanish Cheeses this month! Check them out!

Co-op Advantage specials saving you some green!

Co-op Advantage Specials for April are in full effect! Download the flyer on-line http://wheatsville.coop/CAP%20flyers/SW0407final.pdf or pick one up in the store!
The flyer has more than just specials, though!
How about a recipe? Stuffed Italian Zucchini Andrea
There is cool information about Seventh Generation's excellent project, One Ton Tree. You can also learn more at www.onetontree.com
Look for neat pieces throughout the flyer on ways to be more green for Earth Day!

Some of the many items that are on sale!

Grocery
Clif Bars, including the yummy Mojo bars are on sale for 99¢!!! Order cases at this price during the month if you'd like to stock up!
Imagine Foods Organic Broth for $1.99
Santa Cruz Organics juice quarts for $2.69
Rudi's Organic Ancient Grains Bread for $3.49
Annie's Homegrown Organic Pasta and Cheese 2 for $3
Annie's Naturals Organic DRessing for $2.69 (Have you tried the Woodstock dressing? Holy cow, is it great!!!)
Garden of Eatin' Tortilla Chips including Red Hot Blues for $1.99
Muir Glen Organic Tomatoes 28 oz for $2.89 (Have I told you how our favorite pasta sauce is the Chunky Toimato Sauce from Muir Glen? Well, it is and it's also on sale!!! Simple and delicious!)

Frozen
Cascadian Farms Organic Vegetables $2.29
Amy's Pocket Sandiwches for $1.89
Julie's Organic Ice Cream for $3.99

Refrigerated
Follow your Heart Original Vegenaise 16oz. for $2.49
Soyatoo Soy Whip topping! This is great for spring time pie topping!
Silk Organic Soy Milk 1/2 gallons for $2.99

Bulk
Equal Exchange Organic French Roast Coffee for $7.99/ lb!

Saving you some money!
Co-op Advantage Coupon books
should have arrived in your mailbox recently! If you didn't get one, we'll have them at the member center for you to get. I calculated that there is over $30 in savings on products that we carry in the store in this version of the book! So, check it out and use 'em up! We really want to redeem as many coupons as possible, so don't be shy! This is one of the great benefits of pooling our resources with all of the other co-ops in the National Co-op Grocers Association! Cooperation works!

Come on out and meet other member-owners, the board and others!
Make plans for our Spring Member Gathering on April 15th from 1-5pm
Meet our architects and contractor and see the NEW store floor plan!
Meet other member-owners and discuss big picture topics about Wheatsville and our role in the Austin community in the next 50 years!
Pizza from our friends at Mangia
Organic Root Beer on tap from the fine folks at Maine Root
Live music from the latin jazz ensemble the Guz Marquez Sextet (although it might be a quintet this time!)

Earth Day at the Credit Union
Earth Day event at the University Federal Credit Union 46th and Guadalupe branch from 9am-1pm on Saturday April 21st. We'll have more information about this over the next week or so, but we'll be there helping our friends at UFCU go green for Earth Day. So come by and see us!

New stuff on our web-site!
Aldia, our web magician, has added some cool new features to our web-site :
The deli menu is now available on-line! Share it with your non-Wheatsville friends!
Bulk cooking directions are now on-line! No more wondering how to cook that bag of grain in your pantry!
Employment opportunities are now on-line, too! Looking for work? Wheatsville could be for you!

Hope to see you soon!
Dan Gillotte
Wheatsville Food Co-op GM and e-mail guy!

  • [Wheatsville] Spring Holidays, April Specials, and Member Gathering!!!, Dan Gillotte, 04/04/2007