wheatsville - [Wheatsville] Will you be our Valentine?

wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Wheatsville Co-op Austin, TX

  • From: Dan Gillotte <gm AT wheatsville.coop>
  • To: wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Wheatsville] Will you be our Valentine?
  • Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 15:43:19 -0600

We really like Valentine's Day around here even though it's a silly holiday in many respects.

If you haven't already, I encourage you to make a valentine message for your Wheatsville sweetie. Now's your chance to share your love with the World of Wheatsville! Just head to the member center and grab a Valentine, write your message (Rhymes are encouraged) and leave it in the box. Then our Cupid assistants will post your Valentine in the front windows for all to see! If you don't have sweetie, make a Valentine for your favorite companion animal, WV staff person, department or food product! (We usually see a few Valentine's for Popcorn tofu or Frito Pie!)

We also have some specials for Valentine's Day!

In the Deli!
Buckets of Popcorn Tofu! (Oops, sorry. That was for the Super Bowl! What a tease...)

We will however, have a very delectable smoothie special for February! Dark Chocolate Covered Strawberries Smoothie- Dark Cocoa with frozen strawberries in soy milk. Remember, too that our smoothies are FULL of Fruit, not ice and powders like some smoothie joints! Mmmmm... fruit! and chocolate!

Special baked treats for your loved ones (or yourself!)
Linzer Cookies- these were a big hit last year, a heart-shaped pecan shortbread cookie with a Raspbery jam filling. Very special and delightful!
Hazelnut Chocolate Torte- Rich and delicious!
Chocolate Raspberry Heart-shaped Cakes! These are vegan, but they don't taste like it. Rich chocolate frosting with raspberry! Wow!
We also have Cranberry Shortbread cookies through the 15th. This is a vegan recipe from our friends at People's Food Co-op in Lacrosse, WI and they are delicious!

In the grocery aisles
Chocolate is sweeter when it's Organic, Fair trade, or local!
We've got all kinds of great chocolate to tempt you including:
Chocolove on sale for $1.69
Terra Nostra Organic Chocolate 2 for $5

Lots of other great chocolate like Equal Exchange, Newman's Own Organics, and Endangered Species.

If cold chocolate is your thing, we've also got Purely Decadent Non Dairy Dessert on sale 2 for $5! Peanut Butter Zig Zag is incredible, but Cherry Nirvana is no slouch either!

In Housewares
Find lots of cute and fun Valentine's gift-y things, too!

Have a great weekend and a Happy Valentine's Day!
Oh, are you our MySpace friend yet?
http://myspace.com/wheatsvillecoop

Luv,
Dan
Wheatsville GM and e-mail guy

  • [Wheatsville] Will you be our Valentine?, Dan Gillotte, 02/08/2007