wheatsville - [Wheatsville] Clementines, Third Thursday, Christmas and a Happy New Year!

wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Wheatsville Co-op Austin, TX

  • From: Dan Gillotte <gm AT wheatsville.coop>
  • To: wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Wheatsville] Clementines, Third Thursday, Christmas and a Happy New Year!
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 16:42:14 -0600

Hi Wheatsville friends!

Read through the whole e-mail to find out more about our Third Thursday mini-Artsfest and the upcoming holidays at Wheatsville. Scroll to the end of the e-mail if you want to find out more about the Wheatsville Credit Card.

I hope that those of you who celebrate Hannukah had a fun holiday and ate plenty of latkes! (It's never too late to make and eat some if you didn't! Here are some latke recipe links http://tinyurl.com/tzbnj )

This Thursday, Dec. 21st is Third Thursday! So, please join us for a super fun mini-Artsfest from 6-9pm! We'll have great music from a local band called Green Mountain Grass! It's also your last chance for handmade gifts from a dozen artists and craftspeople! We'll have lots of pretty lights and a chimeneya! As always, we'll have the ever popular sidewalk chalk for kids. (Sorry, no snow angels or ice skating...) I hope to see you tomorrow night!!!

We are heading into Christmas in just a few days and Wheatsville has the food you may be looking for for the holiday. We've got pies and sides in the deli as well as a bunch of natural holiday items on sale throughout the store.

We'll have Festive Yams, Roasted Root Veggies, Mashed Potatoes, Cranberry Relish, Rosemary Biscuits, Vegan Cornbread Stuffing and Gravy, too!
On the sweet side, look for Traditional and Vegan Pumpkin Pie at the special price of $9.99! We will also have favorites like our Traditional Pecan Pie, and delicious Vegan Coconut Cream Pie and Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie. These items will be available on a first come, first served basis.

This continues to be the time of year for citrus and among all the many exciting pieces of fruit we've been getting, we have been having a steady supply of clementines in boxes. I have been really enjoying buying a box and sharing them with anyone who comes in my office. This is a nice way to share a healthy treat with your coworkers and friends. It really does make people smile! Clementines are super easy to peel and deliciously sweet! Our clementines come to us from California as opposed to some that you may find that come all the way from Spain.

Co-op Advantage sale items include:

Celestial Seasonings Holiday Tea for $1.99
Arrowhead Mills Cookie Pie Crust for $1.69
Organic Silk Soymilk on the grocery shelf for $1.69
Knudsen Sparkling Juice for $2.29
Annie's Homegrown Cheddar Bunnies for $1.99
Endangered Species Chocolate Bars- great stocking stuffers! for $1.69
Terra Nostra Organic Chocolate Bars- 2 for $5

Rudi's Organic Sliced Bread for $2.69
Apollinaris Mineral Water for $1.89
Organic Firm Mori-nu Tofu $1.29

Refrigerated
GT's Organic Kombucha for $2.69!
Soyatoo SoyWhip topping for $2.99
Organic Valley Eggnog

Frozen
Cascadian Farms Organic Vegetables $1.99 16 oz. selected varieties
Amy's Lasagna for $3.49
Nate's Meatless Meatballs for $3.49

Look for more deals and some nice recipes in the Co-op Advantage flyer available in the store or on our web-site! http://www.wheatsville.coop/CAP%20flyers/SW1206final.pdf

We've still got some last minute gifty items for you and yours!

I hope that you have a great week and if you're celebrating holidays, I hope they are happy and bright! Also, I won't be sending an e-mail to you next week, so I will wish you a Happy New Year as well! 2006, our 30th year as Austin's Community Grocery, was a great one and 2007 has a bright outlook! I know that I'm looking forward to it!

I'll e-mail you next year!!! (By the way, thanks for all the nice feedback y'all have given me this year about my e-mails! I really appreciate it!)

Dan
Wheatsville GM and e-mail guy!
Crazy but true, Wheatsville finally has a MySpace page! Check us out at http://www.myspace.com/wheatsvillecoop (If you don't know what MySpace is, don't worry, we'll still be your friend!)

And now a word from our credit card...
I wanted to remind you about our cool new credit card with our friends from our local financial cooperative, the University Federal Credit Union. Wheatsville gets a portion of all purchases made with this credit card, which is pretty amazing and you get a lovely looking "local" (Non-MBNA) credit card!

 If you are interested, the easiest way to apply is on-line (I applied yesterday!) Here is how you do it:
go to https://webapp.myappro.com/webapp/ufcu/LoanSelection.aspx
In the box labeled "applicant" select "SIngle" or "Joint"
In the box labeled "What kind of loan..." select "Wheatsville Great Rate Visa" and hit "continue"
The rest is pretty self-explanatory!
We are happy for you to pay for your Wheatsville products with any accepted legal tender, but if you are a credit card user, getting a Wheatsville credit card could be a great solution for you and your co-op!

Please let me know if you have any questions about this offer!

  • [Wheatsville] Clementines, Third Thursday, Christmas and a Happy New Year!, Dan Gillotte, 12/20/2006