wheatsville - [Wheatsville] ArtsFest this weekend! Come one and all!

wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Wheatsville Co-op Austin, TX

  • From: Dan Gillotte <gm AT wheatsville.coop>
  • To: wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Wheatsville] ArtsFest this weekend! Come one and all!
  • Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 14:05:53 -0600

Hi friends!

I hope that you had a super-fine Thanksgiving! We had great sales, so we appreciate your patronage during the important Thanksgiving sales season! In the better late than never department.. As many of you know, our distributor blanked us on Tofurkys for the holiday, but funnily enough, delivered a WHOLE bunch on Saturday. If you didn't have enough Tofurky, you may consider having one now. They make for a relatively inexpensive but nice centerpiece for a dinner party, even if it's not Thanksgiving. (I think we are going to have one this week or weekend.) Anyway, there were a lot of sad Tofurky fans, so I wanted to let you know that we do have some now, and not at the rip-off prices that you may have been finding at the other stores.

Artsfest!

Please join us on Saturday and Sunday December 2nd and 3rd for the Wheatsville Artsfest from 10 am to 5:30pm each day!
The Artsfest is a great annual event that is not to be missed!
75 Artists and craftspeople will be on hand displaying and selling their incredible handiwork! We'll also have great live music, too! This really is one of the best events of the season (and I'm not just sayin' that, either!), so please come out and see us!

The deli will be set up outside with Chili and cornbread and Pederson's Natural Kielbasa wraps.

It sounds like the weather is going to be incredible, so get in the spirit at the Wheatsville Artsfest!

Saturday December 2nd
10:00-11:00 PM The Telephone Company
11:30-12:30 PM Jeremy Goodking
1:00-2:00 PM Adam Ahrens
2:30-3:30 PM Ain't Misbehavin'
4:00-5:30 PM The Band Next Door

Sunday December 3rd
10:00-11:00 PM Marionette Demonstration
11:30-12:30 PM Greg Klyma, Melissa Greener, and Johann Wagner
1:00-2:00 PM Jango's Mustache
2:30-3:30 PM The Studebakers
4:00-5:30 PM Diana Cantu Band

Help us help others!
We will be conducting a clothing drive for the next two weeks with Americorps and the Keep Austin Housed project.
The drive will be from Dec 1st through Dec 15th. We will be asking for ONLY blankets, coats, hats, scarves, socks, and gloves. The drive will benefit 11 different organizations around Austin in which members of our group are involved. These are primarily transitional housing and shelters for chronically homeless individuals. Please help us with this clothing drive!

In the second half of December, we will be collecting food items for the Capital Area Food Bank. Look for that later in the month!

2007 CALENDARS
LOCAL!

JPEG image

The Austin 2007 12 x 12 monthly wall calendar lists over 200 Austin, Texas festivals, events and activities complete with descriptions, dates and website urls. New Austinites will find the many activities listed particularly helpful in getting aquainted with the city. Current Austinites will find new things as well (like there's a 1600 animal exotic game ranch at the city dump...) Festivals are dated on the calendar and include all the usual suspects: SXSW, The Austin City Limits Festival, Spamarama, Eeyore's Birthday Party, Carnaval, the Zilker Kite Festival, etc. The calendar also lists daylight savings time changes, major voting days and the Texas tax-free weekend. 10% of the profits will be donated to Keep Austin Beautiful. 100% Made in Texas.

JPEG image

Lulu and Lolly's road trip is the perfect calendar for 2007! It's filled with their colorful adventure pictures, along with postcards that they send home to the humans every month. The calendar is 14" x 11.5" and is the perfect gift, accessory, and way to stay happy all through next year!

JUST IN!
Still Naked 2007 Calendar
-You may remember last year's Naked 2006 featuring local musicians and such strategically holding guitars over certain areas. Well its back and its still for charity, still sensational and,of course, still naked.

Besides these great locally made calendars, Wheatsville has many many other wall, desk and engagement calendars for the coming new year.

NEW!

JPEG image

JPEG image

This holiday season we have brought in some excellent offerings from Putumayo World Music. New this year is:
New Orleans Christmas soul, jazz and blues holiday classics from the Big Easy. A portion of the proceeds will go to New Orleans Habitat for Humanity.
NIKI'S PICK:

JPEG image

This CD is so smooth! It features Brazilian legends such as Caetano Veloso and Gal Costa alongside newer artists like Marcio Faraco. Lots of samba, lots of bossa nova... who wants caipirinhas?!?!

By the way, please vote in the Board, Boycott, and Community Action Wednesdays election please! On-line is quick and easy and has info about the candidates and groups. http://www.wheatsville.coop/election/index.html

I hope you have a great week!

Dan Gillotte
Wheatsville GM and e-mail guy

  • [Wheatsville] ArtsFest this weekend! Come one and all!, Dan Gillotte, 11/29/2006