wheatsville - [Wheatsville] Third Thursday and Thanksgiving!

wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Wheatsville Co-op Austin, TX

  • From: Dan Gillotte <gm AT wheatsville.coop>
  • To: wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Wheatsville] Third Thursday and Thanksgiving!
  • Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 09:31:30 -0600

Hi Wheatsville friends!

It's time once again for Third Thursday! Please join us this Thursday from 6-9pm behind Wheatsville as we celebrate cooler weather and that feeling of fall! I'm looking forward to the band that we have playing this month. They are The Nematoads and they have a really fun surfy vibe! Check them out at http://www.myspace.com/surfnematoads and
http://www.nematoads.com They will be playing most of the evening, so drop by and say hi!

We'll also have some local artists and sidewalk chalk for the kids as well as some food samples from our deli!

If you read my e-mails, you won't be surprised that Thanksgiving is right around the corner. This is your last weekend before Thanksgiving! Hopefully, you can choose your co-op to find all you need for a naturally delicious Thanksgiving!

The Deli is baking up sides and pies for Thanksgiving so you don't have to!
We'll have Festive Yams, Roasted Root Veggies, Cranberry Relish, Rosemary Biscuits, Vegan Cornbread Stuffing and Gravy, too!
On the sweet side, look for Traditional and Vegan Pumpkin Pie at the special price of $9.99! We will also have favorites like our Traditional Pecan Pie, and delicious Vegan Coconut Cream Pie and Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie.

We'll be sampling some of the delicious deli Thanksgiving fixin's this weekend from 12-4 heading into the Holiday!

This Saturday 11/18 we will be sampling vegan stuffing & gravy, savory yams, vegan pumpkin pie, and coconut pie.

Talking Turkeys
We are taking special orders for Turkeys now, so if you know what you want look for special order forms at the deli or at the member center. To reserve a turkey, we need you to place an order by November 17th!

We will be featuring Mary's free range organic and natural turkeys. These have been very popular for the last few years as people have enjoyed them each holiday!
We'll have:
Mary's Organic Turkeys for $3.79/lb
Mary's Natural Turkeys for $2.39/lb

and this year we will have a very limited number of Mary's Heritage Turkeys available for $6.39/lb
Here is some information from Mary's web-site about the Heritage Turkeys http://www.marysturkeys.com/Learn%20More%20about.htm

We have some really amazing deals for a natural Thanskgiving in our November Co-op Advantage Flyer with lots of great Thanksgiving-y items to help you save some dough while you celebrate!

Here are just a few of the items...

Tofurky Vegetarian Feasts for the amazing low price of $15.99!!!
I've never seen them this inexpensively priced anywhere! (A sad side note for Unturkey fans... Now and Zen, the makers of this amazing product have gone out of business! Margaret our grocery buyer did all she could to get some for us one last time, but to no avail! I am personally crestfallen over it. I'll probably have a Tofurky roast, but I am going to miss the amazing Unturkey, that's for sure.)
Cascadian Farms Organic Frozen Vegetables, 10 oz for $1.69
Organic Pumpkin Puree
for $1.69
Imagine Foods Organic Soups
for $2.29 (These make great stocks and bases for quick and hearty soups and stews)
Spectrum Organic Canola Oil for $6.49
Silk Soymilk
for $2.89
Soya Too Soy Whip Topping for the great price of $2.99
(Have I told you how much I like this Vegan whipped topping in a can? It's great!!!)
Organic Valley Organic Butter for $4.99
Arrowhead Mills Cookie Pie Crust for $1.69. These crusts make a delicious base for chocolate pies! Just make pudding (or mousse) and add it to the shell, chill and eat!
We are happy to have ORGANIC Cranberry sauce this year! Grown Right Organic Cranberry Sauce is $1.99
Rumford Baking Powder $1.99
Santini Evaporated Milk 99¢

Click here for a pdf of all the Co-op Advantage Specials! http://www.wheatsville.coop/CAP%20flyers/SW1106final.pdf

I hope you can see that we are ready to help you have a stress-free and comfortable Thanksgiving shopping experience!
Let us know how we can help

If you haven't voted yet, please do http://www.wheatsville.coop/election/index.html

Hope to see you soon and I hope you have a terrific week. If I don't see you, have a Happy Thanksgiving, too!

Dan
Wheatsville GM and e-mail guy

Sign up for the Wheatsville Credit Card at http://www.ufcu.org/accounts/credit_cards/greatrate.php

  • [Wheatsville] Third Thursday and Thanksgiving!, Dan Gillotte, 11/15/2006