wheatsville - [Wheatsville] Co-op Month, Clif Bars, and Herbs!

wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Wheatsville Co-op Austin, TX

  • From: Dan Gillotte <gm AT wheatsville.coop>
  • To: wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Wheatsville] Co-op Month, Clif Bars, and Herbs!
  • Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 16:23:40 -0500

Hello Wheatsville friends!

Welcome to Co-op Month! October is Co-op Month, one of our favorite months of the year! We will celebrate with a Member Appreciation Day on October 21st and with our Fall Member Gathering planned for late in the month. (Details coming soon, so keep an ear out for this!)

***
Our friends at Clif Bar are offering a really cool deal this month for Wheatsville shoppers! Buy any full, unopened box of Clif bars, Clif Mojo bars, Clif Builder bars, Clif Nectar bars, Luna bars, or Luna Sunrise bars and receive a Cool Tag, a renewable wind energy credit, at the register when you check out.

Boxes of 12 Clif or Clif Mojo bars are currently on sale for $14.99, and boxes of 15 Luna or Luna Sunrise bars are currently on sale for $18.99. (The sale price only applies to full, unopened boxes. Sorry, no flavor mixing.)

For each Cool Tag sold, Clif will invest $2 in Native Energy's Windbuilders program, helping the Rosebud Sioux Tribe build the Rosebud St. Francis Wind Farm in South Dakota. Clif estimates that each Cool Tag sold will keep approximately 300 pounds of carbon dioxide out of the air, which is roughly the same as neutralizing the global warming emissions generated from traveling 300 miles in the average car. For a more thorough description of the Cool Tag program, go to http://www.clifbar.com.

This is a pretty neat program and we are one of the few places around where Clif is offering this. So, if you love Clif products, take them up on their benevolence and their deal!

*NEW Bulk Herbs and Spices!*
In anticipation of the coming holidays and general great time to cook great meals, the bulk herb department now offers the following:

Fiesta Chili Powder Blend Organic Chili Powder Blend

JPEG image

JPEG image

Frontier's best selling chili powder Excellent in TexMex

Korintje Cinnamon Organic Stevia Herb Powder

JPEG image

JPEG image

A Grade 3% oil High quality, from Argentina

Organic Allspice Organic Cloves & Clove Powder

JPEG image

JPEG image

Complex flavor & aroma Pungent, from Indonesia

As always, just ask if you would like to order a pound or more of a specific spice or herb. Even if its not usually on the shelf we can probably track it down for you!

Also, Frontier Organic Teas in bulk are 20% off this month for the Co-op Advantage Program!

Hope to see you soon!

Have a great week!

Dan
Wheatsville GM and e-mail guy!

  • [Wheatsville] Co-op Month, Clif Bars, and Herbs!, Dan Gillotte, 10/05/2006