wheatsville - [Wheatsville] Member Appreciation Day, Herb Fair and Birthday!!!

wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Wheatsville Co-op Austin, TX

  • From: Dan Gillotte <gm AT wheatsville.coop>
  • To: wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Wheatsville] Member Appreciation Day, Herb Fair and Birthday!!!
  • Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 11:03:16 -0600

Hello Wheatsville!

This is a big month at your co-op as we celebrate 30 years as Austin's Community grocery and we hope you'll join us! There is something fun happening virtually every weekend this month, so keep an ear out for all the fun times!

We're also getting some publicity for our 30th, here is a link to an article in Eat and Drink Austin magazine http://www.eatanddrinkaustin.com/articles/wheats/wheats.htm about Wheatsville.

We've got some special deals highlighting all of the local vendors that make Wheatsville great! Look for our all local end cap and throughout the store for these specials (as well as national specials, too!) You can find the special, by looking for the green signs touting our 30 for 30 special, each of these items will be 30ยข or 30% off the regular price! Wowza!

Here is a list (in no particular order) of all the great local items on sale this month!
Austin Spice Company Salsa
Real Ale
Dr. Kracker
El Milagro
El Lago
Waters from Texas Crystal
Lone Star
Cielo
Sweet Leaf Tea
Kerbey Lane Pancake Mixes
Austin Slow Burn Southwest pasta sauce
Brick Oven pasta sauce
Stubb's BBQ
Texas Wild BBQ
Holden's catsups and BBQ
Harriet's dressings
Winston's Jamaican sauce
and more!!!

Look for our lovely, limited edition 30th Anniversary tee shirts ,designed by Aldia Bluewillow, in Aisle 3 in a variety of colors! They look great!

The line-up for this month's events:

This Saturday is Member Appreciation Day, members get a 10% discount all day long! We'll have food sampling from 12-4 throughout the store! This Member Appreciation Day is earlier in the month than normal, so DON'T MISS IT!!!

Thursday March 16th is our St. Patrick's themed Third Thursday on Guadalupe. More detail later this week!

Saturday March 18th is our Annual Herb Fair in the back parking lot from 10-5
We'll have growers from all over Central Texas selling their starter plants and herb-y products as well as artists and other craftspeople!
Guest speakers include Angie Smith and Pat Freeman discussing Designs and Arrangements with Roses, Glenn Schroeter teaching about Techniques for rooting roses from cuttings, and Ellen Zimmerman answering the question, "Are Roses Herbs?" Speakers begin at 10:45... for more details go to http://www.wheatsville.coop

We'll have live music in the morning and afternoon and face-painting all day long!

The Herb Fair is a very popular event, so if you are planning on attending, you may want to consider parking in the neighborhoods east and west of Wheatsville. There tends to be spaces and it's a short walk to Wheatsville.

Sunday March 26th is our big 30th Birthday Bash at the Howson Hall at the Unitarian Universalist Church, 4700 Grover from 5-10:30pm.

Live music from Herb Pharm and Heybale, silent auction with lots of cool items, slide show of the history of Wheatsville, a huge 6 course meal with lots of great food from local vendors like Kala's cuisine, Aster's Ethiopian, White Mountain Foods, Austin Spice Company, Buddy's Chicken, Butters Brownies and more! Mr. Smarty Pants and friend will also be around for balloon twisting and face painting fun!

This incredible party is FREE for members, but you must RSVP so that we are sure to have enough food for everyone. You may do so here http://wheatsville.coop/rsvp.htm

If you are interested in donating a silent auction item, please contact Maria at invest AT wheatsville.coop

We hope to see you at some or all of these great events!

Dan Gillotte
Wheatsville GM and e-mail guy!

  • [Wheatsville] Member Appreciation Day, Herb Fair and Birthday!!!, Dan Gillotte, 03/07/2006