wheatsville - [Wheatsville] Super Bowls of Chips and Salsa and Guacamole, too!

wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Wheatsville Co-op Austin, TX

  • From: Dan Gillotte <gm AT wheatsville.coop>
  • To: wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Wheatsville] Super Bowls of Chips and Salsa and Guacamole, too!
  • Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 12:27:14 -0600

Hi Wheatsville friends!

I hope you're well. We enjoyed the rain yesterday, now just a few more days like that, eh?

The Super Bowl is this weekend, and we're doing some stuff to improve your snacking possibilities for the big game.

Look for lots of avocadoes in the produce department! Ralf, our produce guy has put together a simple Guacamole recipe so you can be the MVP of your Super Bowl party (or your anti-Super Bowl party for that matter!) Ralf also has P/2 local hothouse tomatoes available right now and they are yummy! Make yourself from Fresh Salsa

The Deli can set you up for Super Snacking!

We'll have Buddy's Natural Chicken Hot wings with a special blue cheese dipping sauce
Wheatsville's Popcorn Tofu with vegan Chipotle Mayo for dipping! This will be ready to grab and go in the deli self-service case.

We'll be featuring the two Champion salsa of the past year in the deli this weekend.
Look for Sweet Mango Fire, a Hot and fruity salsa and
Roasted Tomato Salsa, a medium heat salsa with roasted peppers, onions and tomatoes!
Our first draft pick salsa of the month for February is Ancho Bomb, a smoky red salsa with medium heat.
All three will be available all weekend long along with our Casera, Verde and Chipotle standards! The Ancho Bomb is available all month long!
The deli will also be making Guacamole for you- simple and delicious guac, with red onions, tomatoes, and jalapeno. For freshness, the Guacamole will be available Saturday and Sunday only.

You've got the salsa and guacamole, now you need something to dip in them!
We've got Garden of Eatin' Mini Corn Chips on sale this month for $1.29!
We've also got Kettle Chips on sales 2 for $5!

Sweets for your sweetie!

Valentine's Day is coming up and I'll have a recipe to share with you next week to have a organic dinner at home!

Lots of chocolate available this month:

Fair Trade and Organic Equal Exchange and Dagoba chocolate is on sale this month
We'll also have the beloved Chcocolove on sale for the month of February!

The deli is getting ready for Valentine's Day, too- we'll have special Lindzer Cookies and Vegan Heart shaped Chocolate Raspberry cakes during the weekend leading into Valentine's Day.

Produce- Lots of organic berries right now- Blackberries, raspberries and strawberries. We're expecting blueberries on Friday. Just so you know... the strawberries are pricey right now, but Ralf says that they taste really great. So if you've got a little extra in your pocket for a treat, consider our strawberries
We're hoping for more of the truly amazing Cara Cara oranges tomorrow, but we have steady supply of sweet and juicy Organic Satsuma Tangerines.

Look at our Co-op Advantage flyers in the store for some cool recipes for Italian Ricotta Cheesecake and Three Cheese Spaghetti Pie You can download the pdf here: http://www.wheatsville.coop/pop_CAP%20specials/sw0206final.pdf

Remember, our 30th Anniversary is coming up in March! We'll have more information soon about our special events planned. We are looking for member's stories about Wheatsville for the 30th anniversary issue of the Breeze. E-mail your anecdotes and memories to aldia AT wheatsville.coop
Deadline is February 10th!

Hope you have a great weekend!

Dan
Wheatsville Co-op GM and e-mail guy!

  • [Wheatsville] Super Bowls of Chips and Salsa and Guacamole, too!, Dan Gillotte, 02/02/2006