wheatsville - [Wheatsville] Artsfest This weekend!!!

wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Wheatsville Co-op Austin, TX

  • From: Dan Gillotte <gm AT wheatsville.coop>
  • To: wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Wheatsville] Artsfest This weekend!!!
  • Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 11:39:24 -0600

Hello Wheatsville fans!

It's HERE!!! This weekend is the Wheatsville Artsfest, one of Austin's best Arts and crafts events!!! This excellent arts and crafts festival is put on every year by the talented Judith Craft. She has done a great job again this year to line up excellent artists and artisans along with terrific music and entertainment for the kids! This is THE place to get delightful holiday presents for friends, family or yourself! All other shopping pales in comparison to shopping at he Artsfest! Tell your friends!

Word of warning: You may end up with more presents for yourself!

One other thing worth mentioning... It gets pretty congested in our parking lot, so if you’re coming to the co-op to do more than grocery shop on Saturday or Sunday, I would suggest (and request) that you save yourself some stress and park on the side streets across from Wheatsville. Or, better yet, walk, ride your bike or bus to the Artsfest! Whatever way you get here, we’ll look forward to seeing you!

Here is the entertainment schedule!
December 3rd and 4th
10am – 5:30 pm
75 artists and artisans

Puppet show and children’s music
Saturday December 3rd

10-11:30 The Telephone Company
11:30-12:30 Ethan Azarian
1-2 Annoying Instrument Orchestra
2:30-3:30 Mundi
4- 5:30 HerbPharm & Maria Vilaboy

Sunday December 4th

10:30-11:30 Purly Gates
11:30-12:30 Christy and Dan Foster
1-2 Pamela Peltz
2:30-3:30 Tom Aubrey Ross
4-5:30 Diana Cantu Band

New Co-op Advantage specials start today! Check them out on the web http://www.wheatsville.coop/pop_CAP%20specials.html

IN the deli-->
Our Co-op Share recipe this month come from our friend's at the Wedge Co-op in Minneapolis. Look for a lovely Blue Cheese Dip and a Sweet Potato Souffle.
These will be available in the deli grab and go case for the first half of December!

Our salsa of the month is a seasonal treat, Cranberry Jalapeno Salsa!
Come check it out all month!

If you are planning on hosting a holiday party or going to one, the deli can help make it easier and more delicious! We’ve got a variety of party trays for your holiday entertaining. With 48 hours notice, you can order Fruit and Cheese trays, Mediterranean Trays, or variety of Meat and Cheese trays for your entertaining needs! We’ve got catering order forms available in the deli or you can call and talk to Laura, Dana or Jack for more information!

Our Investment Drive continues to crank along with more and more member-owners investing in their co-op! As of Tuesday, we have over $620,000 invested and more on the way! The new deadline is Dec. 15th, so please consider investing soon! For more information, you can download the packet and forms at http://www.wheatsville.coop/invest.html

I hope to see you at the Artfest this weekend!

Dan Gillotte
Wheatsville GM and e-mail guy!

  • [Wheatsville] Artsfest This weekend!!!, Dan Gillotte, 12/01/2005