wheatsville - [Wheatsville] 3rd Thursday and Healthy Eating Tours

wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Wheatsville Co-op Austin, TX

  • From: Dan Gillotte <gm AT wheatsville.com>
  • To: wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Wheatsville] 3rd Thursday and Healthy Eating Tours
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 09:26:53 -0500

Hi friends,

just a quick e-mail to remind you about tonight's Third Thursday on Guadalupe from 7-10pm. Lots of fun stuff happening from MLK all the way to 38th st. Click this link http://www.ibuyaustin.com/third-thursday.php for a schedule of what's happening from other local Guadalupe merchants.

Here at Wheatsville, you'll find live music, food samples and more.

At 7 pm we have live music from Phil and Matt, acoustic guitar and mandolin music. A liitle bluegrass, a little jazz, a whole lot of good music.
At 8 pm Herb Pharm, Wheatsville's unofficial house band, will be playing their popular blues-y numbers. Come check 'em out!

Throughout the evening, we will be sampling Nada Moo, a new, delicious, and local non-dairy frozen dessert. The creator of this wonderful product will be here herself, so come by and say "hi!" We'll also be sampling deli items to tantalize your taste buds!

InStep is having their final sidewalk sale, so come and get some sandals and other footwear for the ridiculously low price of $19.93!

This Saturday at 2pm, we'll be hosting our first Healthy Vegetarian Eating Tour at the co-op. Wheatsville member, Amy Tharp Nylund, will be walking us through the store giving us tips and ideas (and recipes) for delicious, healthy and easy to prepare vegetarian food. Come to the tour and get recipes for a yummy main dish, tofu or tempeh dishes, a nutrition packed smoothie and a baked good recipe. We'll even have samples of the smoothie for participants! This should be a lot of fun, so come out and see us! The next tour will be a Quick and Healthy Vegetarian Family Dinners tour on WEDNESDAY Sept. 28th at 11am.

I hope to see you tonight or this weekend!

One last note, Wheatsville members really stepped up and donated for Hurricane Relief over the past week or so. Members raised over $1,300 through register contributions! Wheatsville will match that, so our total Wheatsville Co-op contribution will be over $2,600!!! Thank you so much for your generosity. Our money will help a lot of people rebuild their lives! You guys are great!

See you soon!
Dan Gillotte
Wheatsville GM and e-mail guy

  • [Wheatsville] 3rd Thursday and Healthy Eating Tours, Dan Gillotte, 09/15/2005