wheatsville - [Wheatsville] Memorial Day, Bike Swap, and seasonal savoring!

wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Wheatsville Co-op Austin, TX

  • From: dan gillotte <gm AT wheatsville.com>
  • To: wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Wheatsville] Memorial Day, Bike Swap, and seasonal savoring!
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 10:59:00 -0500

Hello Wheatsville Friends!

Happy summer! Our blissful elongated spring appears to have passed us by now and we head into Memorial Day weekend with some warm weather!

We’ve got some great stuff for any of your picnic or BBQ needs here at Wheatsville and some other special seasonal items for you!

Oh, an so that I don’t forget… check out the funny Star Wars parody “Store Wars” at http://www.storewars.org if you haven’t already. It’s funny and pertinent. I especially like Tofu D2 and Chewbroccoli. It’s probably better than the most of the real Star Wars movies. (No offense jedi fans…)

It’s time for Hill Country Peaches!!! Yahoo! These delightful peaches are being supplied by a nice older gentleman/ farmer at Psencik Peach Farm. These peaches are great and a bargain at $1.59 a pound. I just happened to see local peaches at Whole Foods yesterday for $1.99. so spread the word about the great deal we have at Wheatsville!

We also have the first organic cantaloupes of the year at just 99¢ a pound!

The deli has added some new items to Savor the Berry Season…
Look for a Berry parfait made with White Mountain Yogurt. Granola and mixed berries in cute little parfait cup in the self serve case.
Strawberry Spinach Salad with Raspberry Peach Dressing is also a new item. Check it out!

Picnic salads include:

Macaroni Salad, Cole Slaw, Potato Salad, and Bean Salad.
We also will be featuring Gazpacho on a regular basis for the summer.

Grocery has your grilling needs down with Boca Burgers on Sale for $3.29 and Rudi’s organic hot dog buns for $1.89 and Hamburger buns for $2.49. Ketchup and mustard are also on sale!

Look for Natural Grass Fed Bandera brisket in the meat case as well as organic Country Style and baby back ribs from Organic Prairie.
Bandera has a Longhorn Summer Sausage
that you may enjoy. Our meat guy Bryan says that it goes great with cheese and crackers.
Bryan is continuing to feature Troller Point Fisheries wild caught Salmon, Halibut and Black Cod. This has been very well received so far. Try it out if you get a chance!

This is the last weekend for May Co-op Advantage Specials, so please get what you need before the end of the month!
Please join us this Sunday, May 29th
Austin Cycling Association hosts a Bakery Ride departing Wheatsville at 9:00 am, and returning at noon for the Bike Swap at Wheatsville
Noon to 5 PM
Bring your slightly used, spare, or brand new bike parts, tools or bikes, that you would like to pass on to a new home.

Individuals, businesses and clubs offer dusted off items at bargain prices.

Yellow Bike Project will be staffing the Wheatsville mini-shop, and accepting donations.

Thanks to all the members who came out for our member gathering and store tours this past Sunday. It was great to see you all and I think people really enjoyed the tours! I know that I did!

I hope you have a great weekend!

Dan
Wheatsville GM and e-mail Guy

Wheatsville Co-op winner Best of Austin Best Specialty/ Gourmet Grocery and Best Place to be a Faux Vegetarian!

  • [Wheatsville] Memorial Day, Bike Swap, and seasonal savoring!, dan gillotte, 05/26/2005