wheatsville - [Wheatsville] Marching on

wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Wheatsville Co-op Austin, TX

  • From: dan gillotte <gm AT wheatsville.com>
  • To: wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Wheatsville] Marching on
  • Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 15:52:46 -0600

Hello Wheatsville Friends!

March is our birthday month, and this year Wheatsville is entering into our 29th year serving as Austin’s Community Grocery. I hope you know what a special and important business we share. Let’s remember and thank our founders for their vision which we continue to embrace. I thank you for your continued support of our shared venture!

As our friends down the street at Whole Foods move into their gigantic new digs, we are interested to see what happens at Wheatsville. The new Whole Foods will likely be jam packed for many days (or months) and customers might find shopping difficult. Rest assured, Wheatsville will continue to be the most   convenient choice for natural foods shopping in Austin. (You may have seen our ad to that effect in the Statesman.) You can help us gain some customers from the Whole Foods move, by letting friends know that Wheatsville can meet their needs without them having to fight for parking or wait in incredibly long lines.

It’s true that we don’t have a chocolate island (or whatever) but we do have a wide selection of organic and natural products that will probably meet your friend’s needs. Let ‘em know and help us out! (By the way, it’s okay to visit the new Whole Foods store, but just remember who loves you and come right back to us. OK?)

We have excellent Co-op Advantage Deals that I would like to share with you…

Cascadian farm Organic Fruit is on sale for $2.79
Eden Foods Organic Beans are just 99¢
Rudi’s Organic Bread, selected varieties is on sale for $2.69
Garden of Eatin’ Blue Corn Chips are 2 for $5
Dagoba Organic Chocolate Bars are $1.79
Health Valley Crunch Ems’ cereal 2 for $5
Celestial Seasonings Tea, selected varieties are $1.99

Check out the CAP flyers at the registers or in the Newsletter for some cool recipes, too including a nice Winter Fruit Salad.

Keep Saturday March 26th on your calendar for our next Member Appreciation Day.

Thanks so much for all that you do to support cooperation in Austin!

Dan Gillotte
Wheatsville GM and e-mail guy

  • [Wheatsville] Marching on, dan gillotte, 03/03/2005