wheatsville - [Wheatsville] Member Gathering This Saturday!!!

wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Wheatsville Co-op Austin, TX

  • From: dan gillotte <gm AT wheatsville.com>
  • To: wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Wheatsville] Member Gathering This Saturday!!!
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 09:11:50 -0500

Hi Wheatsville!

This Saturday October 30th, you are invited to attend our Fall Member Gathering at the Alamo Drafthouse downtown at 5th and Colorado from 3-6 pm.

Join us as we snack on light refreshments, meet the current board members and potential future board members, and celebrate our co-op with fellowship and fun.

We will be giving a State of the Co-op address as well as filling you in on our current position on growth and expansion possibilities.

Most interestingly, perhaps, we will be showing the Texas premiere of the film, Sweet Soil. This 20 minute documentary explores the relationship between local farmers and producers in Western Massachusetts with their Co-op, the Berkshire Co-op Market. This delightful film will resonate greatly with Wheatsville members. We will also be showing some other surprise shorts for your viewing pleasure.

This event is free, so come on down. As stated above light refreshments will be provided, but there is a CASH bar.

For more info. call Dan at 478-2667

There is a lot of fun happening downtown this weekend, so it may behoove you to make an afternoon or early evening of it. The Texas Book Festival is happening all weekend with many cool events http://www.texasbookfestival.org

NOTE: because of the popularity of the book festival, parking may be challenging. we suggest that you take public transportation, share rides or ride your bike. You can park around Wheatsville and take the #1 bus down to 5th and Congress. Then it's just a short walk to the Alamo.

After the meeting, we invite you to walk over to Congress and watch the Dia de los meurtos parade marching from the East side to the Mexic-arte museum beginning at 6 pm. http://www.mexic-artemuseum.org/

Please vote in the election as soon as you get a chance:
http://www.wheatsville.com/election/index.html

  • [Wheatsville] Member Gathering This Saturday!!!, dan gillotte, 10/27/2004