typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] Julien Temple's Joe Strummer documentary

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Joly MacFie <joly AT punkcast.com>
  • To: "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] Julien Temple's Joe Strummer documentary
  • Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2020 22:37:51 -0400

Also includes the Ari gun clip

ari-gun.JPG

On Sun, Apr 12, 2020 at 9:52 PM Dina Hornreich <dina.hornreich AT gmail.com> wrote:
Hey TGers:

I watched this documentary:  http://www.joestrummerthemovie.com/  on Hulu a few days ago.

Palmolive (Paloma) is in it!

I also noticed that Paul Simonon is dismissed as "pussy whipped" (or some crass language to that effect) which wasn't exactly shocking really but y'know... wouldn't have been my preferred choice of words given what I know about him from our discussion about him years ago on this list.

So there you have it.

Happy "Spring" etc. (It's snowing lightly here in Denver).

-Dina

--
Dina L. Hornreich, MS, MLIS
preferred referents include (but are not limited to): she/they