typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] neo boys

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: dan bailey <dpbailey AT att.net>
  • To: "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music \(Circa 1975-1980s\)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] neo boys
  • Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 09:56:48 -0700 (PDT)

Huh. I don't think I knew about the Two Nice Girls connection. I couldn't swear to it, but I *think* they might've played Little Rock back in the '90s. If I'd known about that background, rather than what struck me at least superficially as another case of "ho-hum-here's-another-Lillith-Fair-type-band-that-I-couldn't-care-less-about" (nothing against Lilith Fair, the bands that particpated in it & their fans, of course ... we can't all be interested in *everything*, though my music collection would seem to argue that I do my damnedest), I probably would've gone ... though I was likely working anyway. (I was night city editor at the daily paper for most of the decade, which meant I worked till midnight at the earlies & in turn ruled out tons of shows, needless to say.)

Dan