typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] X Ray Spex Tribute June 30th

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: HunnyPi007 AT aol.com
  • To: "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] X Ray Spex Tribute June 30th
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 17:44:26 -0400

Yes it works, Aileen. : ) I don't FaceBook, so now I know the place to be on the 30th. Sounds cool!

R.I.P. Poly Styrene

Lydia

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 19, 2013, at 5:07 PM, Aileen Brophy <abrophy AT gmail.com> wrote:

Hey all,

Kicking it old-school with the listserv!  Does this thing even still work?

On June 30th in NYC I'll be a part of a totally awesome X-Ray Spex tribute show with a bunch of really talented folks.  I thought some of you on this list might dig it.  We're playing all of Germ Free Adolescents!  Details below...

This is a tribute show in honor of Poly Styrene, singer, poet, and founder of the classic punk band, X-Ray Spex, who passed away two years ago from breast cancer. A portion of the proceeds from this event will be donated to War Child http://www.warchild.org/ a charity close to Poly's heart.

X-ReSpects band includes:
Holly Brewer (The Folks Below): Vocals
Amy Klein (Leda) & Hailey Wojcik (Wojcik): Guitars
Aileen Brophy (The Space Merchants): Bass
Carrie-Anne Murphy (Bad Credit, No Credit): Saxophone
Brian Viglione (The Dresden Dolls): Drums

MILITIA: The unlikely, yet true cross between Rob Halford and Tina Turner." Known for intense vocal prowess and stunning stage presence, MilitiA. is a powerhouse that must be witnessed to be believed.
https://www.facebook.com/militiaismyname

THE SUZAN are an all female indie-pop band from Japan living in NYC!
https://www.facebook.com/wearethesuzan

THE SHIVERING BRIGADE: Like alchemists transmuting lead to gold, taking inspiration from strife, struggle and tumultuous misadventures, transmogrifying lousy luck into songs brimming with joy, defiance and humor.
https://www.facebook.com/ShiveringBrigade

DON'T MISS THIS SHOW, GET YOUR TICKETS NOW:
http://www.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/SaleEventDetail?dispatch=loadSelectionData&eventId=3603654&pl=webstudio&REFERRAL_ID=studio