typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] Notting Hill 1970s women in punk oral history project

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Nicole Emmenegger <nicole AT jennywoolworth.ch>
  • To: "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] Notting Hill 1970s women in punk oral history project
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 12:24:32 +0000

hey folks!

As some of you know I am a DJ and music archivist and under my pseudonym Jenny Woolworth I manage a website and blog about women in punk (www.jennywoolworth.ch).

As I update and revamp my website, my latest project is to gather oral histories from women involved in the 70s/80s punk scene in Notting Hill. The final product will be a place-based sound map, so I am looking for specific locations and stories that can be plotted as part of an audio walk of the neighborhood.

I have been in touch with some of you individually already but I wonder if there are any other folks here with something to say on the matter who would be willing to have a chat with me sometime in the next few weeks? I live in London and would prefer in-person interviews, but can arrange Skype/phone calls as well.

I am especially looking to talk with former employees of Rough Trade, so any help tracking someone down will be especially appreciated!

I will keep you all up to date with the progress of the project, which will launch in mid May.

many thanks and warmest greetings,
Nicole

nicole AT jennywoolworth.ch
www.jennywoolworth.ch
www.twitter.com/jennywoolworth

  • [TypicalGirls] Notting Hill 1970s women in punk oral history project, Nicole Emmenegger, 02/27/2013