typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] CA (SF+LA): Two hella legit events (Pussy Riot, Frightwig, Penelope Houston, Bush Tetras, etc.)

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Erin Fleming <erinflemingburns AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] CA (SF+LA): Two hella legit events (Pussy Riot, Frightwig, Penelope Houston, Bush Tetras, etc.)
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 09:48:58 -0800

Hi all,

If you're in California, I wanted to bring to your attention two fantastic events coming up in the next couple weeks:

San Francisco:  On January 30th, City Lights Bookstore is hosting a tribute to Pussy Riot to celebrate of the release of a new book from the Feminist Press- Pussy Riot:  A Punk Prayer for Freedom.

An evening in solidarity with PUSSY RIOT!  Readings, declamations, and manifestos by:
Frightwig (Deanna Mitchell, Mia Simmans, Cecelia Kuhn, Eric Drew Feldman), Daphne Gottlieb, Penelope Houston (of The Avengers), Deborah Iyall (of Romeo Void),Sophia Kumin, and Michelle Tea (Sister Spit)
More information here:  http://www.citylights.com/info/?fa=event&event_id=1732

Los Angeles:  Bush Tetras is playing a show at the Echo on February 3rd.  Please see attached flier, or visit Part Time Punks for more info.

I will certainly be attending the event in SF, and possibly the Bush Tetras show in LA too.  If anyone else is planning on going and wants to meet up, feel free to email me off list.

Thanks,
Erin

--
Erin Fleming
Ribbon Around a Bomb

Blog ~ Radio

Pinterest: @lalengua
Twitter: @lalenguasf
Instagram: @la_lengua

  • [TypicalGirls] CA (SF+LA): Two hella legit events (Pussy Riot, Frightwig, Penelope Houston, Bush Tetras, etc.), Erin Fleming, 01/18/2013