typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] Feminist Interview with Grass Widow for The Believer

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: John Stuart <biostuart AT gmail.com>
  • To: joly AT punkcast.com, "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] Feminist Interview with Grass Widow for The Believer
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 02:04:14 -0400

Joly I've had nearly identical conversations about how I ended up listening to predominantly female artists.  I usually find music and performances by female artists more heartfelt, truer.  That isn't to say that guys don't do the same but there just don't seem to be as many to my ear.

John W Stuart
www.cbandsplay.com