typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] STLS, and Tom Tom Magazine about female drummers

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Larry-bob Roberts <larrybob AT gmail.com>
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] STLS, and Tom Tom Magazine about female drummers
  • Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 17:01:56 -0700

It looks like it was mentioned on the list back about 2009, but I was
not aware of Tom Tom Magazine, which is a magazine about female
drummers.

Their website is http://tomtommag.com/

Also, previously mentioned but overlooked by me is STLS which is a
two-person all-women band with STS of The Haggard and Cadallaca and
Lisa Schonberg (Explode into Colors, Kickball).

Apparently they are playing at a great-sounding event in London,
England this Sunday called Power Queers.

Larry

  • [TypicalGirls] STLS, and Tom Tom Magazine about female drummers, Larry-bob Roberts, 04/19/2012