typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] Fwd: The Lost Women of Rock Music paperback, and The Chefs CD

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Dina Hornreich <dina.hornreich AT gmail.com>
  • To: Typical Girls <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] Fwd: The Lost Women of Rock Music paperback, and The Chefs CD
  • Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 10:17:40 -0600

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Helen McCookerybook <helen_mccookerybook AT yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 8:41 AM
To: dina.hornreich AT gmail.com

Hi Dina

I hope all is well with you. I just though that I would let you know that the paperback (affordable!) version of The Lost Women of Rock Music is out this week and available on Amazon etc. It has new interview material from Viv Albertine, Pauline Murray, Leslie Woods and Jane Munro (Au Pairs), Bethan Peters (Delta 5) and Lucy Toothpaste (Jolt fanzine). It also has some photos including one of Ari that has never been published before.
On Monday Damaged Goods (www.damagedgoods.co.uk) are releasing 'Records and Tea: The Best of The Chefs'. We were a post-punk band (I played bass, sang and wrote half the material) and the CD has stuff from out Peel sessions and songs we released on Brighton's Attrix label, between 1978 and 1982. It also has the song 'Thrush' which I wrote in response to hearing Led Zeppelin's 'Lemon Song' blasting out from the common-room PA one too many times!

Best wishes
Helen McCookerybook

--
Dina L. Hornreich
dina.hornreich AT gmail.com

  • [TypicalGirls] Fwd: The Lost Women of Rock Music paperback, and The Chefs CD, Dina Hornreich, 04/19/2012