typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] Women in New York's Late-'70s No Wave Scene

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Erin Burns <erinflemingburns AT gmail.com>
  • To: joly AT punkcast.com, "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] Women in New York's Late-'70s No Wave Scene
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 11:06:38 -0800

Hello all!

First of all, I don't want to clog folks' email inboxes, so if you're interested in joining the conversation, just leave a comment at:

http://ribbonaroundabomb.com/2012/02/23/in-the-mood-for-femme-no-wave/

and we can continue over there for people interested in the topic!  Joly- good question.  I think Talk Normal makes kind of scary music.  If you look at bands like Tribe 8, having dudes in the audience suck on one of their strap-ons was probably scary (in a theatrical/performance sense) at the time?  I still think it's a different standard and different (better?) type of "scary" for women though.

-Erin