typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] TG and Web 3.0?

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: dina.hornreich AT gmail.com
  • To: Typical Girls <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] TG and Web 3.0?
  • Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2011 00:14:47 +0000

Dear Friends,

It hasn't escaped me that listserves are web 1.0 and that social media is web 2.0 -- which is why we have typical girls facebook. I finally got around to joining lastfm (find me at dlhornreich) which turned out to be better than I expected.

My point (meandering as it is - at best) is that I wonder what the future of typical girls will be considering how clunky listserves have become. I also wonder what platform web 3.0 technology will bring as I try to sustain this interest group.

I was 24 when I created the listserv back in 1999. As I look back, I feel so pleased with what has become of our interest group and how many amazing people it has brought together -- and how many amazing projects it has stimulated. I am honored by all of your presence and interests. I still regret missing the big party at the Knitting Factory. I can be such a scatter brain when things get crazy.

So, I invite your suggestions as I have realized that the chatter on this list has died out. Should I be trying to stimulate new discussions, I wonder?

And btw, I was deeply saddened by the recent loss on the Bush Tetras front.

Best wishes,

Dina