typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] Chicago TGs/Raincoats?

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: mike AT appelstein.com
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] Chicago TGs/Raincoats?
  • Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2011 08:06:51 -0500

Hey all:

The Raincoats and Grass Widow are coming to the Double Door on Monday, September 19: http://www.doubledoor.com/event/53239/. I am seriously considering making the drive up from St. Louis to see this amazing double-bill (because it sure isn't coming to STL!). Wondering if there are any Chicago TGs in Chicago who would like to get together for drinks or dinner or something before the show - or who could even lend me a couch for a few hours of sleep before the drive back downstate.

Perhaps this will help assuage the pain I feel of not being able to attend Jeff Mangum's ATP, where YMG are playing and the Raincoats are performing their first album in its entirety. Wait: no, it won't. But a Raincoats show in my general region of the country would be the next best thing.

Hope to see some of you there!

- Mike
mike AT appelstein.com
http://www.appelstein.com/blog

  • [TypicalGirls] Chicago TGs/Raincoats?, mike, 08/03/2011