typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] TypicalGirls Digest, Vol 312, Issue 4

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Joly MacFie <joly AT punkcast.com>
  • To: "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] TypicalGirls Digest, Vol 312, Issue 4
  • Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 23:40:52 -0400

It's a fair question. There was that young guy who used to shoot all the NYC punk shows from the side of the stage in those days, I've forgotten his name. He seems to have disappeared, along with his footage. I recall one Scab CBGB show when she was pregnant that was priceless.

Minoo, of course, famously appears in Another State of Mind, talking about rolling drunks in Montreal.

I'm also told she was responsible for a lot of the early Agnostic Front material.