typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] a homemade 12 x CD-R (!) compilation of punk bands fronted by female vocalists from 1977 to 1989.

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Lisa <lisahinton AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] a homemade 12 x CD-R (!) compilation of punk bands fronted by female vocalists from 1977 to 1989.
  • Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 00:09:10 -0800

Yeah! These mixes are awesome! Just a little background on them...The project originated on the invite only message board called Hard Rock Piss Strunk a few years back. The guy who organized it asked the board to send in their fave female fronted punk hits. He then compiled them and packaged them into a limited edition boys club collectors item (there were only a handful of women on the message board). While it rules to have such a range of obscure tracks from female fronted bands on a comp, the packaging was pretty insulting. The set of cds came in a pale pink plastic box and instead of using band photos or album artwork, the liner notes were covered with images of anime girls. Seeing how the project played out and then the final product made me sick to my stomach. I do like how the comps are online now and the tracks can speak for themselves.

Lisa

<speer.jessica AT gmail.com> wrote:
These mixes are so great! I've been downloading the discs slowly from the site. SUCH great running music. Maybe it will get me back out the door & running on cold dark mornings.

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 7:09 PM, Dina Hornreich <dina.hornreich AT gmail.com> wrote:
Cool offer, thanks.
On Nov 15, 2010, at 4:23 PM, sarra cenia wrote:

> Dina, I don't the CDs, but if you need more info on any of the records
> included, I can help with that. You can download those tracks and I'll
> scan you a sleeve if you need any.
> -Marc
>

> On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 6:43 PM, Dina Hornreich
> <dina.hornreich AT gmail.com> wrote:
>> Okay, whose got one of these...
>>
>> http://kangnave.blogspot.com/2010/02/reference-of-female-fronted-punk-rock.html
>>

>> Dina Hornreich