typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] (no subject)

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Stella Pace <stellapace7 AT gmail.com>
  • To: TypicalGirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] (no subject)
  • Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 00:33:58 -0400

hello lovely un-typical girls & bois...

I would like to introduce myself to the list.

My name is stella-zine, and I was the singer, song-writer & founder of a first generation riot grrrl/ queercore band called ‘pagan holiday’ based in Atlanta Ga. during the 90’s.

And Either solo and/or with pagan holiday I played shows with sleater-kinney, the butchies, tribe 8, the need, pansy division, jack off jill, volupuous horror of Karen black, cipher & the snow, harum scarum, bitch, the third sex, and many other brilliant grrrl & queer acts touring in the 90’s…..

For a more full list of bands & festivals I played  see the links below….

Pagan holiday played with every riot grrl and or queercore band that bravely toured to Atlanta (thru the south) during the 90’s….. (I also booked most of the shows & promoted them too, seeking to bring together & educated my community to this  grrr/queer revolution that touched my heart so deeply!!!)

I co-founded the 1st two riot grrrl chapter meetings that occurred in Atlanta in 1994.

two years  '08-09 i did a radio show from a college in GA. GCSU called femme*a*Gandhi of girl punk fro the 70's to the present, heavy on riot grrrl, electro, anti folk, feminist interviews

I have been performing solo recently & I am currently on my first UK tour with the wonderful political queer rocker ste mccabe.

A great boi-feminist musician himself from the uk!

I love reading about all the amazing female rockers & hidden herstories that the peeps on this list post about. I look forward to reading and learning more!!!! I appreciate how so many people care about these female musicians of the 70’s & 80’s  that time could just forget about and swallow up.  It was even more male dominated & challenging for wimin in the 80’s & probably 70’s too.  Tho it appears that the late 70’s held a special and seriously vibrant time for wimin punks and musical revolutionaries in the UK.

love & anarchy,

xxxx

stella-zine

http://www.myspace.com/stellapace

http://femmeagandhi.blogspot.com/

http://twitter.com/stella_zine

Our stories are our greatests power! xxxxxxxxxx

  • [TypicalGirls] (no subject), Stella Pace, 10/25/2010