typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] P.T.A's

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: tyler innis <tbinnis AT gmail.com>
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] P.T.A's
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 12:46:38 -0600

Does anyone on this list know anything about the Japanese band
P.T.A's? I have their 1984 "Young Vernacular" 10" EP(Cragale Records),
which I bought without hearing solely because of the ideas on the back
cover. Specifically, these words:

"industrialization of young music, O.K.?
dehumanization of young music, O.K.?
centralization of young music, O.K.?
colonization of young music, O.K?
unknown nationality, corruption, and other pretendings,
WHO's fabricating those flattery to old men every day?"

The music is post-punky/new wave, somewhat like Durutti Column or
"Hard"-era Gang of Four with a female vocalist, and it has grown on me
following another listen this morning. I can't find any substantial
information about them on the web (besides a discography here:
http://rateyourmusic.com/artist/p_t_as).

Be well,
Tyler

p.s. I just discovered this website after taking a closer look at the
discography noted above: http://muon2.ld.infoseek.co.jp/ and this
sample of P.T.A's: http://muon2.ld.infoseek.co.jp/mp3/CD15.mp3 makes
me even more interested in their early recordings.

  • [TypicalGirls] P.T.A's, tyler innis, 06/24/2010