typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] San Francisco: Club Foot exhibit

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Larry Bob Roberts <larrybob AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] San Francisco: Club Foot exhibit
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 10:02:59 -0700

The SF Public Library currently has a Club Foot exhibit on the 4th floor curated by JG Garrett and Cindy Buff.
There are a couple of wall displays of photos, a rack of posters, and the Steve Silver room has several cases including one with records, and various ones with ephemera.
I thought it could have used more captions since I don't know who the people in photos are.
They are doing a film and performance event Thursday July 29, 6 pm in Koret Auditorium.
http://sfpl.org/index.php?pg=1001317401
Exhibit runs now through August 5, 2010.

There is a big blow-up of a photo of the Inflatable Boy Clams.  Also one of their records is in a vitrine.
The main band covered is the Altar Boys.
Other names of interest: Karen Finley, Philip-Dimitri Galas.
Here's a blurb on the 30th Anniversary of Club Foot concert which happened in February.
http://www.sfweekly.com/2010-02-10/music/club-foot-30th-anniversary-concert/

Larry-bob