typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] Ebony Bones

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Joly MacFie <joly AT punkcast.com>
  • To: "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] Ebony Bones
  • Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 14:25:44 -0400

I got a notice that Ebony Bones is returning to NYC in June (Southpaw Jun 5)

Checking her out - she's definitely fairly (un)typical, does her own
thing with funk, reggae, and punk

http://www.myspace.com/ebonybones

First song - warriors - sounds like Adam and the Ants!

Reviews of last nyc show:

http://www.newyorkcool.com/archives/2010/March-April/music_Ebony_Bones.htm

"It’s as if the Slits wanted to go to the club, ran into George
Clinton along the way, celebrated carnivale, and ended up a sweaty
satisfied mess."

http://www.boldaslove.us/2010/03/listening-post-ebony-bones-warriors-guess.html

"She's been described as "the black Lady Gaga" and that would at least
put you in a zone. Actually, her costumes remind me of that New Order
video where the guys were slapping the shit outta each other. All the
more impressive is that Ebony has completely embraced the DIY life.
She's currently without a label and finances all her touring herself."

and if you look at her myspace, that's a pretty impressive tour she's
on, including China.

Joly MacFie 917 442 8665 Skype:punkcast
WWWhatsup NYC - http://wwwhatsup.com

  • [TypicalGirls] Ebony Bones, Joly MacFie, 04/08/2010