typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] Twittering

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Aaron Levin <vilevin AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] Twittering
  • Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 08:11:05 -0700

Well, since we're all exchanging twitters:

http://twitter.com/weirdcanada

My twitter account, though it's mostly used for my blog Weird Canada (www.weirdcanada.com).

Hearts,

Aaron Levin

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 2:16 AM, <HunnyPi007 AT aol.com> wrote:
Welcome to the Twitterverse, Nicole. you can follow me here -> http://twitter.com/abysswit and I am not "protecting my tweets." What happens if your tweets are not protected, Mike? Would they then not be safe from the Twitterverse? ; )  I haven't found much "typical" on Twitter yet, so would like to hear if anyone here has. Do we want to start a Typical Girls feed? Twipical Girls?? Terrible, huh? Couldn't be helped...

I did, however, re-tweet something "typical" today regarding The Slits getting some bad audience treatment in the UK on Saturday. Read about it here -> http://www.nme.com/news/the-cribs/48782 . Not cool... But still I'm disappointed that I'm not excited by the clips I've heard of the new Slits album enough to buy it (and perhaps this audience was disappointed in them as well). Other than our discussion regarding the hair-band-esque cover photo, there has been a conspicuous lack of postings regarding this release by the band that gave our group its name. Perhaps because it doesn't feel like a bona fide Slits album? Are others here disappointed in it or is it better than the clips can reveal? Who wants to share their thoughts or "reviews" of the album?

Typically,
Lydia