typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] Trapped Animal

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: J Neo Marvin <j_n_e_o AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] Trapped Animal
  • Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 11:50:04 -0800

So the band who gave this list its name has a new album out. What do people think of it? (Aside from the cover, which has already been discussed.)

I'm withholding judgement so far, because I've learned that Slits albums take a while to absorb, but first impression: "great band, great music, what the hell is Ari going on about in some of those lyrics?"

-J Neo Marvin
http://www.live365.com/stations/jneomarvin
http://earcandleproductions.blogspot.com