typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] Venus Weltklang/berlin 81

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: anderson <anderstoone AT yahoo.com>
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] Venus Weltklang/berlin 81
  • Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2009 10:49:59 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

As has come up here in the past:

German women's festival in summer 1981 @ the Tempodrum Berlin was called
Venus Weltklang and was the First EVER international Womens rock fest.

LP on Flame records, nearly all of it online here:
http://www.jennywoolworth.ch/deardiary/2008/05/venus-weltklang-part-one/
http://www.jennywoolworth.ch/deardiary/2008/06/venus-weltklang-part-two/

The Bloods
Unknown Gender
Liliput
Malaria!
were also on the bill, Raincoats were not.

I have a scan of the review that came out in the NME on my facebook here and
the album cover:

http://www.facebook.com/photos.php?id=1101846565

happy listening,
A Toone ex-Blood

> than "Re: Contents of TypicalGirls digest..."
>

> Today's Topics:
>
>    1. 80's berlin fest (Joly MacFie)
>
> Bob Black (former Mo-dettes manager) asks:
>
> Trying to remember the name of the festival in Berlin in
> the early 80's
> > where all the girl groups played in protest against
> the Berlin Wall. Great
> > line up with Au pairs, Modettes, Raincoats etc. Heavy
> PA projected over the
> > wall to reach the East German Youth. There was a
> bootleg album and I'm sure
> > it contributed to the fall of the Wall on November 9th
> 1989 :-).
> >

> Kate Corus thinks that The Raincoats weren't on the bill
> but Nina Hagen was.
> Anyone recall? Have the record?

> --
> Joly MacFie  917 442 8665 Skype:punkcast
> WWWhatsup NYC - http://wwwhatsup.com

  • [TypicalGirls] Venus Weltklang/berlin 81, anderson, 11/07/2009