typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] New Slits album, TRAPPED ANIMAL, out today + TYPICAL GIRLS Slits book + Viv

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: HunnyPi007 AT aol.com
  • To: "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] New Slits album, TRAPPED ANIMAL, out today + TYPICAL GIRLS Slits book + Viv
  • Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 15:16:11 -0400

P.S.:  The single from the album, "Ask Ma," is on iTunes with a "B-side" of "So Tough" by Mika Miko. Odd.

On Oct 20, 2009, at 3:11 PM, HunnyPi007 AT aol.com wrote:

Ha ha! I think you're right. It's definitely cheesy looking.

And what's with this quote from a SPIN review on Narnack's home page (Narnack Records - The Slits): "The Slits' first album in more than 25 years is better than their 1979 punk-reggae classic, Cut. The songs are tighter, the grooves more convincing..." ?  Impossible, I say!

LZ